The “HELP WANTED” is in the window for the John Petropoulos Memorial Fund (JPMF).
That’s because we have a couple of events coming up that require the help of volunteers.
CALGARY POLICE HALF MARATHON
The JPMF is once again pleased to be helping out at the Calgary Police Half Marathon, which is taking place on Sunday, April 28th.
We will be hosting a water station for the runners in South Glenmore Park and we’re looking for volunteers to help mix Gatorade, fill cups with water and hand out beverages to race participants. Help is also needed with water station setup and keeping the site clean. No previous experience is required and volunteers are needed from 7:45 am until 11 am.
Parking is available near the water station and helpers are asked to dress appropriately. No matter what the forecast calls for, volunteers should bring gloves, hats, toques and coats.
BIGGEST FUNDRAISER OF 2019
The other event happening soon is our biggest fundraiser of the year.
Our next casino event will take place on Friday, May 17th & Saturday, May 18th at Casino Calgary.
We will need dozens of volunteers to help out with this so let us know if you can make it!
Here’s what you need to know about the event:
- WHEN: May 17-18, 2019
- SHIFT TIMES: Day shifts are 10:30 am-7 pm; Night shifts are 6 pm-3 am; Count room shifts are 10 pm-3 am
- WHERE: Casino Calgary, 1420 Meridian Rd NE (southeast of 16 Ave. and Barlow Trail NE)
- ATTIRE: Dress is casual – feel free to wear jeans
- WHY: This is our biggest fundraiser of the year!
- PERKS: All volunteers are eligible to receive a free meal at the casino restaurant, in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- If the full complement of volunteers are not in attendance the casino can not open
- Gambling by volunteers is prohibited at any time during the two-day casino event
- Consumption of alcohol before and during the volunteers work shift is prohibited
- All volunteers are required to have government issued picture ID with them
- Training of volunteers is provided by your advisors and casino staff at the casino – no experience necessary!
- Books, hobbies, etc. may be brought in as ‘lull’ times may occur
- Volunteers are subject to background checks
This event is volunteer driven and your participation is key to its success. Contact JPMF Managing Director Ian Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.