The John Petropoulos Memorial Fund’s biggest fundraiser of the year is happening soon and we’re still on the lookout for volunteers.
Our next casino event will take place on Friday, May 17th & Saturday, May 18th at Casino Calgary.
We will need dozens of volunteers to help out with this, so let us know if you can make it!
Here’s what you need to know about the event:
- WHEN: May 17-18, 2019
- SHIFT TIMES: Day shifts are 10:30 am-7 pm; Night shifts are 6 pm-3 am; Count room shifts are 10 pm-3 am
- WHERE: Casino Calgary, 1420 Meridian Rd NE (southeast of 16 Ave. and Barlow Trail NE)
- ATTIRE: Dress is casual – feel free to wear jeans
- WHY: This is our biggest fundraiser of the year!
- PERKS: All volunteers are eligible to receive a free meal at the casino restaurant, in addition to complimentary snacks and beverages
- If the full complement of volunteers are not in attendance the casino CANNOT open
- Gambling by volunteers is prohibited at any time during the two-day casino event
- Consumption of alcohol before and during the volunteers work shift is prohibited
- All volunteers are required to have government issued picture ID with them
- Training of volunteers is provided by your advisors and casino staff at the casino – no experience necessary!
- Books, hobbies, etc. may be brought in as ‘lull’ times may occur
- Volunteers are subject to background checks
This event is volunteer driven and your participation is key to its success. Contact JPMF Managing Director Ian Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.